Monday, November 29, 2010

artist statement for Narritive

 Narrative Artist Statement
 For CyberARTS we have been making our own Narratives that have to be in a 3D substrate ,what is a Narrative you ask, well a Narrative is a story that is created in a constructive format describing a sequence of fictional and non fictional events. For my Narrative I chose to do a continuous narrative which is a narrative that illustrates multiple scenes, actions and uses multiple and, repetitive characters. In my narrative there's three scenes the first scene shows anticipation, ( brave boy trying to rescue girl from octopus but by accident grabs umbrella instead of sword) an action ( boy jumping at octopus with umbrella to kill him to rescue girl) and a re-action which is the boy rescued  the girl and is by the boat safely and octopus swimming away with umbrella. Making my narrative I used chalked pastels and black permanent ink to out line the peaces so they were clearer to see. When I was making my art i struggled with sticking the peaces to my 3D substrate I tried glue but that didn't work that well because the peaces kept falling down, to fix my problem I used sticky tape to help the peaces from falling. 
References:             
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:narrative

No comments:

Post a Comment